AAUW is a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls.
Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Student Affiliation is open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and are enrolled in a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.
How to Join the Online Branch
There are three options:
Option 1. You will be a new member of AAUW:
- Open www.aauw.org/ you will be on the home page
- Click “JOIN” at the top of the home page
- Select “Branch Members” Join/Renew
- Select “find your branch now”
- Search by AAUW-State: Scroll down to “Washington 6. Under BRANCHES, click on “Washington Online Branch” and “Join”
- Join as a “New Member”
From there on you fill out the form and pay you national, state and branch dues.
Option 2. You are already a member of another branch:
- Follow 1-6 above
- Join as a “Dual Member”
Option 3. You are a national member of AAUW but not a branch member
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on mailing your dues directly to the branch.
If you need more information on AAUW Online, please email us at email@example.com.